Thursday, February 13, 2014

Tortuga New Mexican Restaurant in Dubai


Mexican food is delicious,not only Mexican food but the whole latin cuisine is amazing.I have been looking for a good Mexican restaurant for years in Dubai,and unfortunatley couldnt find any.Of course the Mexican foods served by big franchise restaurants such as CheeseCake Factory Or TGIF are very good,But I have been looking for an authentic Mexican restaurant.Recently I have been hearing a lot about this newly opened restaurant called Tortuga in Mina Salam Hotel.I saw the photos and the place looked so nice.I was so happy  and getting my hopes high that finally we have a good authentic Mexican restaurant in Dubai.So we went to this restaurant this weekend,I don't think I need to explain how beautiful is Mina Salam Hotel, absolutely amazing,and it is one of my favorite hotels in Dubai.To be honest when I started this blog ,I was so certain that I am not going to write a bad review on any restaurant,because basically I think about the business owners and the staff that are working in that restaurant,and even if one person changes his or her decision based on a specific post on my blog to not go to that restaurant and if that can have a negative impact on the restaurant's business that would make me feel guilty,but let's face it,it is hard to not criticize any restaurant or any food at all,so instead of being harsh or too critical on any specific restaurant I decided to give correctional advices to the restaurant owners,the positive aspect of this would be that the owners would understand their mistakes and hopefully by knowing their mistakes and correcting them they can attract more customers and generate more profit in the long term.

so going back to the main subject of this post which is reviewing the Tortuga restaurant in Mina salam Hotel,I have to say the restaurant was packed ,it was so busy,bar and the dining area were both busy.The restaurant is designed really nicely and the most beautiful aspect of the interior was the beautiful harmony between the two colors of silver( from the chandeliers) and the Turquoise color of the chairs.








The number of staff was not enough to serve that many people and the service was really slow.The food,I can't say it was a bad food,but also can't say it was meeting the required quality of a 5 star hotel food.Every thing had so much cheese in it and by so much I mean SOO Muchh,the chicken was not flavored well either.But We need to consider that this is a new restaurant in a beautiful location and definitely can improve.Please let me know what is your favorite Mexican food restaurant in Dubai?

No comments:

Post a Comment